Jongor's CSR Strategy Summary:
Our corporate social responsibility program is an important part of our day-to-day operations and the key elements of the agenda are:
- To reduce our energy requirements and environmental impact
- To support local community organisations and charities in our areas of employment
- To ensure all employees are treated equally, with respect and without any form of bullying or harassment at any time
- To provide and maintain a clean, healthy and safe working environment for our colleagues
- To work with other businesses which adopt responsible business practices
We manage our environmental impact by having:
- Clearly signed recycling stations in use at all waste locations for paper, card, plastics, metal, glass, wood, printer cartridges and waste oil
- PV Solar Panels installed on our warehouses (due 2023)
- LED lighting in all warehouses and external areas
- 80% of lighting controlled by movement activated sensors
- A chemical management plan in place for the use of chemicals in the equipment cleaning process
- A vehicle route planning process to minimise vehicle miles
- An HGV fleet that comply to Euro 6 emissions standard
- Cycle to work scheme for permanent staff, with bike storage facilities
Source: Jongor Environmental Review (2022)
We have a charitable giving program which supports local charities through:
- Staff fundraising
- Company fund matching policy for staff fundraising
- Free equipment hire to nominated charities
Our selected charities are based in the Bristol or Hayes area and will fall into one of the following categories of supporting:
- disadvantaged children and young people
- promoting community and social inclusion
- tackling and preventing homelessness
- arts and performance venues and groups
In 2021, we supported 8 charities to the value of over £9,000.
Workplace & Safety
We employ a full time, NEBOSH qualified Health & Safety Manager, to ensure we meet all the legal and regulatory requirements of our operations. We have Modern Slavery & Human Trafficking Policy in place to manage the operations of ourselves and our suppliers.
In addition, we manage the impact of our work on our staff by giving free access to:
- Employee Assistance Programme via Hospitality Action
- Annual awareness campaign for Mental Health Day
- Annual awareness campaign for Road Safety Awareness Week
- English lessons for those who speak English as an alternative language
Find out more about the benefits of working for Jongor on our careers page.
How do we do it?
To ensure we meet the obligations of our CSR agenda and to harness our employee passion, we have an employee led CSR committee who meet quarterly. Our CSR policy is reviewed annually at Board level to ensure our commitments are being achieved.
Need to know more?
If you'd like to know more then please contact us.