Autumn has begun, and the chill in the air means that winter is definitely on its way. With that in mind, we thought it would be a good time to remind our customers, how they can protect the equipment they have hired, from any bad weather. Read on to find out more about your responsibility to make sure hire equipment is protected at all times, ensuring a seamless and hassle free experience.
When external temperatures fall below zero and the equipment that you have hired is being held within a temporary structure such as a marquee, it is important to ensure that the structure is heated. If not, anything with a water supply will be susceptible to freezing which could result in a pipe burst.
To assist in safeguarding your hired equipment from bad weather, we recommend that you follow the tips below:
- Water pipes that are likely to sustain sub-zero temperatures must be suitably lagged to prevent the pipes freezing and potentially bursting. In addition, it may be suitable for the tap to be left slightly open, as flowing water is less prone to freezing. However, this is only appropriate if you have mains drainage.
- Lagging can be provided by one of our qualified engineers when planning the installation of your kitchen.
- Wherever possible, please ensure that pipe work is laid inside the marquee.
Rinnai Hot Water Heaters
- Although insulated, Rinnai’s must have a 24 hour supply of power to ensure the internal frost protection system is in operation.
- In high winds, Rinnai’s may need to be secured in the upright position to prevent them from falling over. Toppling can cause pipework to twist and break, and also cause internal damage to the units.
Cutlery, Crockery and Glassware
- Ensure that all the items are stacked correctly, and not left outside as the boxes can fill with water which can cause corrosion to equipment.
- Please do not leave linen outside, as exposure to damp can cause mould, which is chargeable.
- Do not leave equipment outside when awaiting collection as freezing and water damage can affect many pieces of equipment, not just water supplied products.
Remember that weather damage is chargeable, so if you have any queries relating to protecting the kit that you have hired, or would like to find out more and see how we could help, call 0117 955 6739 to speak to a member of our friendly team today.