Jongor Hire is a growing business, and this role offers good career progression, with the transport department in London anticipated to grow over the next five years.
- Co-ordinate vehicle maintenance, such as servicing, MOT, repairs and updating vehicle files.
- Liaising with internal departments to ensure the correct equipment is picked, ready to load on time and in full, and is unloaded and returned to the appropriate department at the end of the hire.
- Deal with any day to day queries for transport from customers or internal customers.
- Arrange any addition transportation and agency drivers as required.
- Conduct driving assessments for new drivers and train new drivers on company driving procedures.
- Assist the Operations Manager with route and load planning.
- Download driver hours.
- Load, unload, deliver and collect our hire catering equipment to our clients across locations in the South East, including the City.
- Ensure hire equipment is loaded in the most efficient way, secured safely in the vehicle and assembled on time for our customers at their site
- Provide relief cover for driver absences in both Class 2 and 3.5T vehicles when workload requires additional drivers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Cat C (Class 2) licence essential, C+E (class 1) desirable.
- Forklift licence is desirable but not essential (full training can be given).
- Previous experience of working in a warehouse as part of a logistics team, as well as professional driving is essential.
- Experience of working in the catering, hospitality or events industry is desirable.
- Disciplined approach to all planning and paperwork, and strong prioritising skills.
- Good working knowledge of transportation routes in the South East and the City of London.
- Be able to complete a workload which is physically demanding.
- PC literate, especially with Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to work under pressure and in fast paced, seasonal business.
- Flexibility with shift patterns, particularly during our peak months in the summer and Christmas. This means working weekends or bank holidays and amending start and finish times as the business requires.
- Ability to share knowledge, coach and train individuals to perform in role.
Given the varied nature of this role no two weeks will be the same, when working at our Warehouse you will be required to work Monday to Friday, 7.30am and 4pm.
When driving you may be required to starter earlier or later depending on our client’s needs and weekend working is part of the role. This is predominately during our busy times which are June, July, November and December.
Any hours worked over 40 hours per week will be paid at time and a half.
We also offer 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays, pension, life assurance and an employee profit share scheme.
Please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.