Our Gas Safe® registered engineers and can support you in getting the most out of your kitchen layout, setting you up for service as quickly and as safely as possible. Whether you need a CAD design for your kitchen layout, an engineer to be on site during your event, or you just need your appliances connected to the utility supply, we can help.
Let's take a look at the process:
- Let us know if you want an installation service when you submit your equipment hire enquiry, telling us what utilities (if any) are available at the proposed location of use.
- Based on your proposed requirements, our planners will calculate what services are required and in what quantity. If you are unsure of your kitchen layout, we can work with you to design a safe and efficient kitchen using CAD.
- We will provide you with a quote for the installation services, alongside your equipment hire quotation.
We can provide and connect to a temporary LPG gas system or if in a permanent structure we can connect to the mains supply, assuming the correct outlet connector is available. For more information on gas power for catering equipment read our guide.
For electrical, water and waste supplies:
- These should to be supplied by others, to within one meter of where the appliance is to be used for our engineers to connect to. If you think you are unable to achieve this, just let us know when you place your order and we will see what we can do to assist you.
- If you are unsure of what electrical supply you need our guide may be able to give you the advice you require.
- For water supplies, we can connect to water delivery systems supplied by others or if you need a water delivery system to be provided we can supply this for you – just let us know when you enquire.
For liquid waste, our engineers can connect to a mains drains or we can supply waste tanks if you require.
On the day of installation, our engineers will attend your site after the equipment has been delivered by our logistics team and they will:
- Complete any sign in process or site induction (if applicable).
- Install the pipework and connect to the mains or temporary utility supplies as agreed.
- Commission the kitchen, which includes:
- Ensuring all appliances are operating in a safe working manner
- Training kitchen staff on appliance use (if required)
- Complete a Gas Safety Certificate to confirm the kitchen is ready for use.
Event Standby Engineer
If you would like the peace of mind of having an engineer on site with you through your event, Jongor Hire can provide this. This is ideal for large scale events where there is a large number of appliances in use, where gas bottle changes are required or where service simply cannot be interrupted. Our engineers:
- Can be reached via a dedicated mobile contact number or can be issued with a radio from event control
- Carry the appropriate spares with them, enabling them to fix 9 of 10 equipment faults straight away
- Support your kitchen staff with equipment use training
- Can stay overnight and support multiple day events
When the fun is over, our engineers are there to disconnect appliances, safely remove gas from the gas pipework, ensure that gas cylinders are removed and leave your site clean and tidy.
Our Engineering Team members work closely with our Sales Team and Event Managers to ensure we deliver safe and useable kitchens in the toughest of environments – meet our team here. If you would like us to provide an installation service, just let us know when you order or get in touch now.