Jongor Hire is a family run business who have been providing high-quality catering equipment to businesses for over 50 years. We fulfil over 2,000 orders per year, from supplying hire equipment to events such as Cheltenham Gold Cup, Silverstone and The BRIT Awards, to supplying temporary kitchen units to the NHS and National Grid.
We are recruiting for a HR Manager to join our team. This is a wide scoping role, overseeing the HR function for the whole business. Responsibilities range from supporting the delivery of business strategy, to carrying resourcing for our peak trading peak each year and ensuring that all of the company’s HR practices are in line with statutory legislation.
This role is offered on a full-time basis or on a flexible working basis equivalent to 4 days per week. The successful candidate will work from our office in central Bristol which is open from 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
As the HR Manager for Jongor, you’ll be accountable for:
- Providing dynamic leadership and day-to-day management of all aspects of the HR function within the business, working with the Management Team and all other colleagues, to ensure that managers and employees are equipped to foster a high performance culture.
- Setting Group and Departmental manpower budgets and advise on organisational structures to achieve manpower budget.
- Setting, overseeing and assisting with Performance Management of colleagues throughout the business, including Training & Development.
- Overseeing the recruitment and induction process for all staff and support managers throughout
- Set, oversee and assist with Performance Management of colleagues throughout the business, including Training & Development.
- Managing remuneration and bonus structures for all colleagues.
- Managing the HRIS system including employee and time and attendance data.
- Work in conjunction with the Finance Manager to ensure all colleagues are paid on time and in full.
- Managing company benefits including pensions, medical insurance, life assurance and the Employee Assistance Programme.
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant employment legislation, maintain Company Policies and the Staff Handbook.
- Developing and executing the Company’s Environment, social and governance policy.
- Attending monthly Senior Leadership meetings and contribute to the development and delivery of the strategic plans.
- Leading the development and implementation of key strategic projects, including scoping & design, planning, implementation and ongoing support, to maximise business performance.
Education & Qualifications:
- CIPD qualified to Level 5 or equivalent
- Professional Membership of the CIPD
Skills & Experience:
- 3 years+ experience as an HR Manager in an SME of 100+ employees
- Strong evidence of leading and delivering as an operational HR Generalist
- Excellent working knowledge of employment legislation and best practice
- Proven experience of interpreting and applying HR policies and procedures
- Experience of managing HRIS systems preferred
- Experience of managing payroll preferred but not essential
- Excellent coaching skills
- Ability to communicate and engage effectively with all levels managers and employees
- Able to analyse and interpret information to produce recommendations for business decisions
What's in it for you?
We offer a competitive salary depending on experience and the following:
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata'd for part time working)
- Free hire of our catering equipment
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Profit Share
- Access to employee discount scheme
Please apply by sending your CV to email@example.com
No agencies please.